My arms are empty and acheing...

I can’t believe I’m a mother without…

Life has been twisted and turned upside down. As a mother, I had both the wonderful privilege of holding my sweet son as I brought him into this world…and the horrible chore of holding him as he took his last breaths and left this world, at only 7 years old. June 24, 2010 he earned his angel wings, passing away after an inspiring but brief fight against Cystic Fibrosis. Now I live, solely focusing on living a life to get to be with him again in heaven, and to raise awareness for Cystic Fibrosis research. I am dedicated to a cure, not only for my sweet sons legacy but so that other CF families never experience the greatest loss of their lives that we are now facing. My mother’s arms are missing Connerman, yet he still inspires me daily to leave a mark of LOVE on this world…so for you my sweet prince, mommy will try!



Love Love Love

Always Always Always


Thursday, May 26, 2011

simplicity redefined…

A simply bedroom rearranging. Something I do once or twice a year. New bedding, move the furniture, dust and clean…simple…

right?

that’s what I thought…

016

I started moving everything from under the bed and I had no idea what I would find…

hard, hard, hard…

a simple white bag with the name of the funeral home on it…what was inside about knocked the wind out of me…

001

002

005

007

 

The clothes he died in…

His death certificate which only exists to break hearts, because unlike a birth certificate nobody needs a copy of a death certificate.

and I found his box of school work from 1st grade, since he had to be home schooled the entire year because he was too ill…

that was hard to see…I wasn’t prepared for all of that.

I figured that I would have a lot of garbage under there to be thrown out, I never dreamed all of that emotional stuff would be under there.

then I found some stuff just from Conner to cheer me up…

006

022

 

and some of his hospital drawings…a heart cards for me and on the inside 3 hearts below HDB (Hunter, daddy, B)

008

009

 

and some other drawings…

(rainbows were his favorite)

012

 

and of course Transformers…

013

 

It really just goes to show that in losing a child, not even rearranging a room is the way it used to be. what should’ve taken me maybe an hour to do, took me nearly 4 hours to accomplish. it took a great deal of time to catch my breath after the wind was knocked out of me. The heartache is worse now than a year ago. But it’s different pain. initially it’s intense, overwhelming pain. where your body physically hurts, from all the stress and pain. but now…it’s an underlying sadness that is always there, settled in my heart, causing it to weigh me down. and it gets heavy to carry a broken heart. even with the huge chunk of it missing. the missing piece weighs more than all the joy and love that fills whats remaining in my heart. I can get by each day knowing the sadness because I’ve adjusted to it…I’m used to it now, and accept it as a part of the new me. it will never go away until I am gone. As a mom it is my job to love my children as long as I’m alive, not as long as their alive. since he’s gone, the love is still there, but causes such pain. it’s a delicate balance…I realize life is for living so I keep my head and heart held as high as I possibly can. but the sadness of his passing will be with me always…

but I do think that a simple bedroom rearrange should be able to happen without so much pain…I can adapt to the pain but that doesn’t mean that I want to all the time!

just sayin…

love love love

4 comments:

  1. I wish my words could bring you encouragement, but I've learned in life that most of the time the words of a friend don't. In these moments of overwhelming loss, what we need the most are friends who will listen to us. This is your journey, this is your special place to walk through it. No words from me could possibly fill that loss within your heart, only God is able to do that. So what my words can't say, I am praying God's will and that He whispers the words of comfort you need today. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that Transformer drawing for Corbin's room...have you ever thought of selling Conner's drawings to raise money for CF? I know I'd be interested...

    I'll be wearing red for Conner at the Warrior Dash in July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this left a pit in my stomach. I remember what it was like carrying that "bag" home from the hospital when my mother died, with her jewelry on me and her coat on my back. I feel for you. Different but the same.

    ReplyDelete


Did You Know....

There are over 100,000 people, the size of a small city, on the transplant list in the US.

There were less than 10,000 deceased organ donors in the US last year. (that's a ratio of 1 organ donor to every 10 transplant patients).

In the time it takes you to shower today, 1 new name is added to the US transplant waiting list.

From the time you woke up this morning to the time you wake up tomorrow morning, 18 people will die waiting for their transplant in the US.

click here to join the organ donation registry

BECOME AN ORGAN DONOR, SAVE A LIFE!